Sunday, June 17, 2007

Hike Forrest Hike

Yesterday was another gorgeous day so we decided to do some more exploring by hitting a different area that we haven't hike before. This was a different trail especially the beginning because it took us through Sitka spruce and cottonwood trees at first, then alder trees and small open grassy meadows halfway through.





The beginning of the trail. This part was nice and flat and provided lots of shade. Of course we made a lot of noise to not scare sleeping fluffy who would in turn SCARE us






After coming out of the "jungle" we hit the grassy meadows for awhile. Looking ahead I thought those aren't to steep, little did I know that we had to go down before we climbed up. But there are always good pictures to be had the higher you go.












Each time we go hiking there is less and less snow. I would like to hike one of the higher mountains just so I can play in the snow in JUNE














A view of Chiniak Bay looking out at Near, Woody, Holiday and Long Island. The city is on the left hand side of the photo













Here was the climb down before we headed up, of course we had to get up here but it was a gradual climb













And then up we went, these little hills are deceiving because while it looks like the top up there, its really just the bottom of the next hill













A cool rock face out in the middle of the roving hills








stopping to take a break I snapped this shot and if you click on it I have to say its one of my favorites




No comments: