Here is the 70-pounder, just as we were getting ready to harpoon it. Standing over my shoulder is my boss, who took us out today.
This is the son of the man shown above holding said fish. It was big. about 5 feet long (almost as tall as me!). It was heavy. Verrry heavy.
This is Perlita. She does the books for the Council and is wonderful to work with- like being around a ray of sunshine. I am always amazed by her sense of practicality, as shown here with her incredible multitasking.
Perlita, Seth, and I holding my big butts. Can't believe my luck! The catch was divided equally, so everybody had a great day!
This is called Elephant Rock.
When Mike told me where to meet, he said, go to "Thumbs Up". What? I finally realized why that spot is called that when he pointed out this rock to me. There is a dock there that was used during WWII to get fuel to the fort at Cape Chiniak before the road to town was built.
So I go to work every day to bring home the "bacon" and everyday I get home and dinner is already on the table along with fresh greens and such which raises the question.... why am I working when I have such a resourceful wife. And for those of you that think I'm kidding about the team building, this WAS a work related day for everyone except for Mike's son. Now a show of hands of how many of us are in the wrong profession??
No comments:
Post a Comment