Here I am standing next to a big gun (50 cal), now I never shot this thing but it looked like a cool macho picture at the time (and yes I did carry it with me in bars to impress the women). Look at those HUGE glasses. This was taken during my all expense paid cruise of the Caribbean, I spent about 2 years total down there and to this day still have nightmares about little umbrellas in my drinks
Okay funny story here, you can see the cast on my arm but you can't see the two black eyes I was sporting under my killer 80s shades. The night before we sailed I had one to many Tekillyas (haven't touched it since) and got into a fight. Well I took my one and only swing at the guy from 20' away and then he proceeded to do a Mexican hat dance on my body. I put that one up in the loss column
On to my more responsible days. Here I am cruising through Newport Harbor (RI) on our 44' Motor Life Boat. This is by far the best boat I have ever run, it is designed so if it rolls over it will right itself and get you home. I've had this baby out in 20' seas, 60kt winds and covered in 6" of ice and she always brought me and my crew home safe. I say responsible days because it is a 1/2 million dollar boat and I had 4 other peoples lives in my hands (I never told anyone the Tekillya story)
Another 1/2 million dollar boat they gave me the keys to that I ran back in the day. This is a 41' Utility Boat that was a lot faster than the 44' but not as reliable and not a boat to be out in rough seas on. A good boat for summer and when your heading to emergencies because of the speed factor. I took this picture back when I was into photography and was spending way to much money on developing film
I'll have to admit the first half of my 5 year Coast Guard career I was quite the sailor and while I can't boast about a girl in every port I can say that I sailed many a bar stool and dropped anchor in many a bar from Canada to the Caribbean, and I even think I had fun I just can't remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment