Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Musical Chairs using food

One nice thing about living in Kodiak is the sharing that goes on here. Down in America with the 8 trillion restaurants, most of them fast food, people tend to eat out a lot or eat on the run (as did we when we lived there). Here food is a big part of life and I don't mean we just eat till we drop but more along the lines of sharing things we catch or hunted with friends and even those less fortunate. Today for example our friend Frank stopped by the Mrs. work to share with us some Halibut he caught yesterday. He gave us 3 nice big chunks (nothing better than fresh Halibut). Then two of the Native Elder ladies stopped by and during their conversation mentioned that they haven't had any fresh fish yet this year, so the Mrs. gave each a big chunk for them to enjoy. One of the Mrs. co-workers came in and shared with everyone some fresh Octopus. So we just finished a scrumptious dinner of baked Halibut with caramelized onions/mushrooms in a dark lemon-dill sauce and snacked on some sweet tentacles.







I can picture the wrinkled looks on some faces right now but it was very sweet and tasty














The naked Halibut before the Mrs. performed her magic














Japhy having his first taste of Octopus which he went nuts over for more









There are soooooooo many things I could write here, but its better if I just let everyone silently come up with their own caption

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some of those photos are just so wrong on so many levels....

Congrats on the promotion BTW...now can you pay me back the $5. I lent you the least time you were here?

I'm finally out of bed and on the mend....5 lbs lighter tho....ugh.

I'll call ya