Let me start with Happy Summer, I know its not for a week but today was the first "perfect" day we have had this year. It was sunny (all day) and temps hit the low 70s. I was so excited about this that I had an extra piece of carrot cake for lunch (I don't really like carrots but I love the cream cheese frosting), which leads me to my guilt trip and a killer trip it was. Being such a nice day after work I decided some hiking was in order and I felt brave (stupid move) so I headed for the North Sister mountain of the three sisters mountain to get my hike on. I'm pretty sure I took the "hardcore" trail (path) instead of the trail I have heard people talk about, but either way it would have hurt my ankle. The path of most resistance that I took was no more than 1' wide, leading pretty much straight up with no zig-zagging. Not sure how tall it is but in my estimation very challenging (again I'm talking challenging in the fake ankle kind of way). But at least I got some cool pics...
Looking out over Monashka Bay and Miller Point, things are getting greener by the day finally.
A little higher up and my first minor coronary I mean break. That little speck in the middle is my car
Japhy taking a rare break, he is usually doing circles around me all the way up and down.
If you click on the pic you can see him either sticking his tongue out at the camera or giving his best Gene Simmons impression
This shows the incline / decline of this path, at one point I was contemplating using the stop, drop and roll method for getting down
The red dot is how far I went today, which was pretty good for me and I also went out later in the day and I ran out of smokes. If I could have had someone take a picture of me from the bottom I'm sure the glare off my white legs would have shown up in this picture.
This is a cool rock that's at the base of the mountain and I have no clue how this happened, its a perfect slice.
No comments:
Post a Comment