As I was heading to work this morning I left a little early for no apparent reason. This summer and I guess spring and well winter to we haven't had to many nice sunrises, so I was pleasantly surprised when I pulled out of my driveway and made it as far as across the street. I stopped for awhile and took a few shots, I like the last one the best.
We have been enjoying the nice weather by getting outside as much as possible. Rob had a friend visit that just happened to be in AK for work so he took a detour through Kodiak so Jen & Justin had an impromptu cookout to show some Kodiak hospitality

Jen shows Tim what we do for fun here, drink beer and shoot high powered rifles at squirrels. Actually its only a pelt gun and there was a target on a tree. Problem was Tim is used to shooting guns with his thumbs??? He is a fighter Pilot for the USMC
Again with the nice weather we spent a lot of time enjoying the sun go down

Justin slinging the food as he is in training to take on Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America. Here he is cooking up some chicken and venison burgers

look at the serious determined look on his face as he cooks on his new ORGAS 3000 grill. Besides the burgers and chicken we had grilled veggies, marinated venison tenderloin, potato salad and corn. We topped it off with some of Jen's homemade blueberry / salmonberry pie.

Everybody was shooting straight as no one lost any eyes, well that was up until we left at 10:30, don't know what happened after that
2 comments:
So that's what's been shining in the KoKon Bunker so freakin' early in the day!
Beautiful shots... Kind of makes me wish I were a morning person... On the other hand, the sunsets have been nice, too.
just wish we had it more often
Post a Comment